Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Orange Crush



I just found this unique site called Hel Looks that reminds me of the Sartorialist, but a little edgier and only from the streets of Helsinki, Finland. The website reads: HEL LOOKS is a hobby project of Liisa Jokinen and Sampo Karjalainen. The project is a tribute to Fruits and Street magazines, the pioneers of street fashion photography. I'm a new fan.

The adorable gal on the left is Riika and that FABulous coat is vintage Courreges. I think I love everything about her outfit. Of course, the color is a standout, but the timeless cut and details make me swoon. I like the scarf (I love scarves!), and the hat is so chic - very Julie Christie in Dr. Zhivago. I love hats, but I just can't "do" them because of my abnormally large noggin. (Photo by Pieni Roobertinkatu, Dec 7 2008)

And then there is the darling Marja on the right. A classic, yet chic outfit ~ I really like the cream, navy and black color combination. And those mittens are DARling! They remind me of the pretty nordic pieces at Thistle and Broom. (Photo by Iso Roobertinkatu, Jan 2 2009)

2 comments:

  1. Love the look of the vibrant orange coat and fuzzy hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete