Monday, February 27, 2012

Peanut Butter Dog Treats

Peanut Butter Dog Treat Recipe


If you have any furry friends of the dog variety, here is a recipe for Peanut Butter Treats that they might enjoy:

Peanut Butter Dog Treats

• 2 c whole wheat flour*
• 1 T baking powder
• 1/3 c oatmeal
• 1 c peanut butter
• 1 c almond milk

Preheat oven to 375°.

Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.  Set aside.

In another bowl, mix almond milk and peanut butter.  Then gradually add the dry mixture to the wet, and mix well.

Lightly flour your work surface, roll dough out to about 1/4" thickness and cut out shapes.  Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for about 20 minutes or until browned.

Cool on a rack and store in an airtight container.  They should be nice and crisp!

* If your dog cannot tolerate whole wheat, other types of flour may be substituted: oat, rice, soy, etc.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Umm...I did not know *I* could have eaten these cookies. These are people cookies Good-Grace and I should have kept some for myself (not that I need them) instead of putting them in the doggie treat jar. :-)

    Love the pic and Baloo can attest to their yummy-ness. 4 paws up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! :) Actually, people CAN eat them, but I don't think they probably taste that great. I wanted to post the picture of Baloo, too - but thought I should ask first. (At the rate I post, it's a miracle I even got the recipe posted...) I was hoping she would like them!! :)

      Delete